Sunday, February 22, 2009

Out in the cold again

Thursday I got bad news. The company I work for lost it's biggest source of income, and they are probably going to shut their doors. We are all unemployed. I might have a week or two, but probably not more than that.

So I immediately started looking around once more to see if there is anything out there for me. I like being an FAE - it gives me an opportunity to do a lot of different stuff. And each day tends to be pretty different from the one before it. So I hope I can get the same kind of job.

But then I noticed a software engineering opportunity that would involved developing Mac software using XCode and Cocoa, which it happens I have been playing around with (studying and practicing) in my spare time lately. And now that would be a dream come true - or so it seems. I'm definitely looking into that one.

But overall, I feel like I'm in career Limbo. I've been here before, and it is all too familiar. I don't want to stay here long, and can't afford to even if I wanted to.

I'm tired, finally. It was a big day. Well not really, but for a Sunday I guess it was. Updating my resume, applying for a couple of jobs on line. Clearing 6 inches of snow off the drive. Thinking about maybe having to move again. Yeah, I'm tired, and that is good. I need to sleep. Tomorrow will have stuff for me. Good stuff, I hope.

No comments: